Welcome to Emma Field Therapies
I am currently running several successful Homeopathy and Body Work clinics from my home in Surrey and at The Berkeley Clinic, Marble Arch, London. Having been treating patients for over 15 years I have seen all sorts of cases. My youngest patient so far has been 19 weeks old and my eldest 84! What I enjoy most about my job is that I get to work with a variety of people, and help them to achieve their goal of improving their health.
Improving Your Health...Through a Variety of Techniques
- Education in Diet & Nutrition; if what you are eating is making them sick then this can be a huge step towards good health. One of the phrases I hear a lot is "but he has a healthy diet". What you eat is only healthy if it is healthy for you! Someone that eats rice, meat and vegetables may well think it is a balanced diet and low in fat, yet if that person has an intolerance to rice, what they are eating could be damaging their health. The gut is an important part of the immune system, and if what you digest causes irritation and inflammation the immune system is going to become impaired.
- Treating your case with Homeopathy and through the use of remedies, herbal tinctures, teas & creams etc covers a vast range of conditions that can be chronic or acute illness, pathological or psychological. Homeopathy is a system of treating like with like to encourage the body's natural immune system to start working properly and regain balance in the body. Without balance we are often in a state of "Dis – ease". It is gentle, lasting and effective without the side effects of medications (as a Homeopath I practice complementary medicine and work alongside any prescribed medications).
- Treating physical injuries such as a back problem after assessing the injury and discussing its history, I am able to put together a treatment course which will include deep tissue work to release the muscles that are often in spasm when someone suffers an injury. The body's muscle defence & protection mechanism has often been in overdrive, for instance when someone has damaged a disc in the lower back. This means assessing the extent of that damage is essential, referring the patient for MRI scan or X-ray if necessary and then beginning the physical treatment.
- Deep tissue, Sports Massage can often release the spasms long enough to allow gentle articulation to take place and restore movement. Muscles then need to be rebalanced, by easing off those that are tight and strengthening those that are weak, restoring the bodies natural harmony and bringing it back to a pain free existence. This is supported with stretching, exercise sheets and advice for things you can do throughout your typical day. I can also supply aids where necessary in order to help with rehab.
- An Onsite Assessment for home or office may help in preventing postural weakness and poor work station ergonomics from impacting your injury.
Is Your Condition or Injury Restricting Your Life?
Increasingly my work is based on people coming to me with injuries affecting their everyday life. They have limited movement, insomnia, wake up stiff & sore, which in turn impacts on sporting activities and exercise they would like to do. As a result their body condition degenerates further. It becomes a vicious cycle, if you have an injury – you cannot exercise and keep fit, you feel unhealthy, lethargic and limited in your outlook, you can only think of the pain and discomfort you are in – it restricts your life!
Having been a professional dancer and working for a back care centre specialising in ergonomics, postural training and assessment, I have the knowledge and experience to deal with your injury; advise on changes in lifestyle; and provide you with Postural Training and exercise routines required for your rehabilitation from injury to be complete and in many cases lasting.
Good Health Comes From Making Changes
I advise on Diet & lifestyle, suggest exercises & stretching routines, postural changes, meditation and methods of relaxation in order for the therapy you receive to be incorporated into your everyday life. This way I find that clients come back to just be patched up at regular intervals. It becomes a way of life and therefore is an ongoing preventative measure.
The cases that come to me now continue to be many and varied. I have worked with clients gaining successful results in RSI cases, sciatic pain, lower back pain, shoulder injury, degenerative disc disease, sinus & headache problems, recovery from knee injury and much more. I gain referrals from top
Harley Street Professionals, GP's, the Pain Management Team and work with an extensive network of professionals across many disciplines.
I will provide you an individual treatment based on your needs, be they physical or emotional, the treatment will be tailored just for you.